Saturday, July 13, 2013

First letter from the MTC via snail mail (we think he wrote it his first night)

Dear Family,
       The MTC has been an interesting experience so far.  I have enjoyed it, but I feel like we could be doing a much better job of focusing on what's really important.  My district is skeptical of people's ideas, and that's kinda tough.  I've been pretty bad at being patient with everyone, including myself, but overall I have had a great day.  I've focused on becoming better and that helped a lot.  I've learned that we must rely 100% on the Lord for EVERYTHING!  He is the only way to make it.  Well, my companion is pretty cool.  His name is Elder S. He's from Arizona.  He is 6'5" and loves basketball.  I'm having a hard time knowing how to balance fun & focus, but I'll keep working.  He is pretty awesome though and our district is fun but I don't know what to think.  One elder, Elder I is quite interesting, he is really clever and really funny and upbeat and fun to be around.  I don't know if anyone else has noticed him or not, but I think he is hilarious.  Just an interesting person to be around.  I'm just soaking it all up and trying to learn and get better.  I just can't wait until I can finally apply it all and get to work.  Keep praying for me!  I was in a much better mood all day, but now I'm a little unsure of what to think.  I know I am doing what is right and nothing else really matters besides the gospel.  Stick to it and you will be happy.  You're probably wondering if I need anything, but not yet.  Well I love you all and I'll send you more info later.  Oh, we also sort of taught,  but it was in a big group of us, and we were pretty horrible at teaching, but whatever.  Oh, I saw like 20 people I know including Tyler (George).  We didn't get a picture though.  Well suddenly I have a ton to say. (but no more room on the paper)  In my district I am one of 2 straight out from high school out of 10.  I'm kind of surprised.  I can't wait to hear from you all!
Love,
Elder Pew
Officially Elder Pew

Lunch at JDawgs before going into the MTC

Saying good bye, before the tears

Add caption

Mom last

friendly host elder helps Elder Pew with his bags

See ya in 2!