How I Deepened My Conversion Before My Mission
(These are the notes from his talk since he didn't write it out)
It's a lifelong process
Service helps us be more converted
The Book of Mormon and Prayer
Luke 22:31-32 "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren"
- Understand why I should be converted
- Everything God does for us is to help us be happy
- Conversion will help us to not only desire to do good, but to act in faith in obeying the commandments and give us the strength to consistently make good decisions
- President Hinckley simply said, "Conversion makes the difference."
- Line upon line, persistence and patience, leads us to do the will of the Lord.
- Doing the little things every day: reading scriptures, saying prayers, going to church, attending the temple...
- If we desire to deepen our conversion the Lord will strengthen us.
- Listening to parents
- Our parents are given to us to help us, so we should listen to them. They love us and we should trust them.
- Obeying the commandments
- Like our parents, our Heavenly Father loves us, so we should listen to Him and trust Him
- Happiness comes through obedience
- It will increase our knowledge and trust in the Lord and help us do our best
- By following the example of our Savior and helping others, you become converted
- We are lucky to live in an area where there are many examples of daily service.
- The biggest thing my parents taught me is to pray and read the Book of Mormon every day.
- The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and shows us the great things the Lord has done
- We can pray for anything, especially our desire to become better.
- It has taught me that Heavenly Father and the Savior are there for us
- Increases our love for Them and Their plan
- Our relationship with our Savior is an important part of our conversion, so we need to use the Atonement. The Book of Mormon helps us do that.
- When we strengthen those around us when we are converted, it brings happiness to us and to those we help.